Stand Up for Freedom
The Humanist Association of Ireland passionately believes that a modern Ireland must be a secular or religiously neutral, state.
That’s why we support so many campaigns and act as advocates wherever we are needed, including:
- Secular Education
- Change on the religion question in Census 2021
- Constitutional Reform
- Historic campaigns, such as Marriage Equality, Repeal the 8th and Blasphemy
Our advocacy for causes like this is built upon three core beliefs when it comes to our relationship with the state:
State institutions should not biased towards any particular belief group
- Differences of belief or philosophy should be fully and equitably respected in policy and accommodated in practice by public authorities
- The constitution, laws and practices of the state reflect a secular approach and are non-biased
- As we enter the third decade of this century we embrace the fact that Ireland is becoming a much more ethnically, culturally and philosophically diverse society. That’s why the state, which serves us all, must respect diversity without any religious bias in our constitution, laws and practices.