As well as meetings organised at a local level, the HAI organises regular national events where people can meet and engage on topics of common interest. Since the Covid19 pandemic, all events have taken place virtually via Zoom.
Humanist Association of Ireland AGM, Sunday 9th May (Members Only).
We normally run 11 events every year and details of each event will be announced in advance on our Facebook page and here on our website.
Non-members are always welcome at our events.
Guest speakers at meetings in the last few years have included:
- Professor Aoife McLysaght (Head of Genetics Department, Trinity College) on genetics and human evolution
- Colm O’Gorman (Amnesty) on the Repeal Referendum
- Evgeny Shtorn on life in Direct Provision
- Cara Augustenborg (UCD) on Climate Action
- Jonathan Lanman (Queens University) on the nature of unbelief
- Liam Cahill (Journalist) on the history of the Limerick Soviet (to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of the soviet)
- Donal O’Gorman (Medicins Sans Frontieres) on the work of his organisation
- Zlata Filipovic (Author) on her experience growing up in war-torn Sarajevo
- John Fitzgerald (Economist, Irish Climate Advisory Council) on Climate Action
- Hugh Turpin (Queens University) on the moral rejection of Catholicism in Ireland
The Humanism Ireland Podcast covers HAI events, interviews, lectures and more - if it's of interest to Humanists, it's here!
Listen and learn more about Humanism in theory and practice from volunteers and activists. Real people talking about issues that really matter from a realistic perspective.
Listen, Join and follow at mixcloud.com/HumanismIreland/
Like and share it on Twitter, and look out for more episodes coming up in the future. Want to get involved? Maybe you’ve got something you’re eager to have discussed? We welcome your feedback and ideas. Get in touch here: email@example.com